Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekends.

Saturday night.
I came out of Mischa's room and Josh was already in bed. A light was on in the kitchen and the sliding glass door was still open, so I went to close them.
And a candle was lit in Willow's candle holder.
I blew it out and went into the bedroom.
"You left a candle on," I said. He was already half asleep.
"Oh, I thought you'd get it."
"Yeah. I did," I said.

But I never know what anything means.

Saturday before Mischa went to bed -
I forgot to take my bracelet off. The purple one I made with the beads I bought for my DDC birth bead swap. So I took it off sitting on the floor with her and she wanted to pretend it was a baby snake. It was sitting on the floor between her chair and her potty when I took her in for a bath.
Sunday morning, I go to pick it up and it's gone.
"Did you pick up my bracelet? The purple one? It was on the floor right here." He just looks at me. He never knows what I'm talking about anymore.
"If it was on the floor, I picked it up," he says. But he doesn't remember. He doesn't know where he put it.
A bracelet with purple beads. He has no fucking idea.
And now it's just gone. Is it in the toys? Did the cat take off with it. No idea. I can't find it. It's missing.
Yesterday we went to the zoo and I wore a pullover sweatshirt, so I didn't bother to wear my watch or my necklace but now I need my jewelry.
So I guess I'll get a flashlight and start dumping out some toys. I wanted to look last night but, again, he was in bed when I got out of Mischa's room and I didn't feel like being up by myself or leaving him in bed alone.