Monday, October 18, 2010

telling people about pregnancy - a BBC post I made

telling people about pregnancy - Termination for Medical Reasons - BabyCenter:
I know a lot of women say they wish thay hadn't told anyone they were' pregnant, that they dread the 'un-telling.'
I just wanted to share my experience. I hadn't told a lot of people I was pregnant. Not b/c I was worried about something bad happening, but just b/c I'm a private person. I liked savoring my little secret. I liked telling people in person, so I never made a big facebook announcement.
I had really bad morning sickness, so I didn't get out much in the first months. I didn't see a lot of people, and a lot of people didn't know I was pregnant.
There were a few people who had just found out at the end of June, which lead me to getting some congratulations in the days after our tx.
It's been really hard for me to see friends who didn't even know I was pregnant. I don't feel normal, I don't feel like I can act normal, and I can't have normal conversations. I want everyone to know what happened to me.
I also have the problem of people who didn't know or who just found out I was pregnant assuming that 'lost the baby' or whatever they heard means that I had an early miscarriage.
And I definitely don't feel like I'm 'untelling' them. Being pregnant was something that happened, my baby was something that happened, and the termination was something that happened. I don't want to just erase it all.
When I'm pregnant, I won't be waiting for a magic number or a certain test result to tell people. In fact, I'll probably tell more people sooner b/c if something does happen, I'll need them to know.
I'm this isn't exactly what I mean or everything I want to say about it, but I just wanted to get it out in case any one else feels the same way.