Friday, October 29, 2010

Baby's First Christmas

Not in this house. You don't buy Christmas presents for a deadbaby.
Well, you shouldn't.
But I did.

I'm okay with baby clothes. I understand that people other than me still get to have babies. But the Baby's First Christmas with the little deer on the onesie... well, that was a little too much. I went to Target with Terrie today and we were getting some stuff for Mischa and Adam. And there it was. A whole endcap of Baby's First Christmas and the sweetest little stuffed deer. So I bought it. I guess, technically, it's for me. But... it's for her, too.
There were adorable little pink footsie pajamas on clearance. They had a little chick on them and said something about dreams. But you really shouldn't buy pajamas for deadbabies. Not even when they're on clearance.

Deer were her animal, like giraffes were Mischa's animal.
There was this blanket I almost bought back when I was still pregnant. The one with the little deer and the bunny. Part of the Eddie Bauer Enchanted Hollow set. So then there was a set in the JCPenney catalog with cute deer silouettes that I might have actually wanted if I'd decided to get a crib. You know, if I'd gotten to have a livebaby. I saw it again in the JCPenney catalog I picked up on Monday. And what's it called? Willow Organic. So my deadbaby's bedding set has my deadbaby's name.
Isn't that just the way things go?